Friday, March 2, 2007

TITLED IS: MY SCIENTIFIC THEORY OUR LEADERS ARE little snip snips!

The last day before my weekend off. Hell, it feels like I’m taking this huge vacation when its only two days but I don’t think I’ve had a day off in months. At least it seems like months.

From work whining to responses to comments left:

Robbin,
-I felt like a cartoon that night typing on three computers. Insane I tell you, insane. Now I’m down to only two which is still crazy but at least I only need to spin my chair to go from one to the other.
-The main reason I have problems with John McCain is he went one way as a politician and when that did not work he now is trying to go the other and I just see that like someone bouncing off one drawn on the wall door to the other drawn on the wall door. You are still not getting anywhere no matter how many doors your fabricate with crayon.
-I really myself, just personally do not see any difference between the kind of faith in theory and that in the religious kind. People are filling in opinions where there is only black spots of nothing to get were you are going and sometimes as in religion you put in what you want to get you where you wish to be.
And I disagree that Scientific theories are based on empirical evidence, experiments, and fact. Maybe those on this Earth when we deal with things we can touch and see up close but we have no idea about how the rest of the universe works in my opinion until we actually are there in these places physically and until then we go from what we know as fact, add faith, and stir into a theory.
Religion though I do think would fall closer to comparing to history than science because a lot of religion is based off some historical facts. History is as you said only as accurate as whoever is keeping the records, just like the saying the winner writes the history books. Is not science though only as accurate as who’s theories are believed over others? And what tomorrow will bring us as to new discoveries?
Just remember though I flunked most of my science classes or barley passed them so you are way ahead of me on this stuff. Just my thoughts. Oh, and I believe we live in a series of trans-dimensional realities so none of this really matters because in each reality you will find new sets of ourselves and laws when it comes to life, the universe, and everything. :)

Thanks for the comments Robbin and anyone else who leaves comments or sends me e-mails thank you very much. As always if you feel a need to rant, rave, or just say hello you can e-mail me at: hangofwednesday@gmail.com

Geek Speak:

Outpost Gallifrey
I always wanted a Doctor Who scraf :(

Back To Reality:

Printed off what I have on the novella last night as I do with a story every few chapters so I can look it over and plan out what my next couple of steps will be. Going to do some mad writing over the weekend between times of just vegging and Wave kicking my ass for being lazy and not having work for a excuse. I promise to take out the garbage at least once over the weekend….I’ll try at least to remember to…though I know..I know…It must be so frustrating to live with me. I know it is for me…to live with me.

And In The News:

Falwell's Statements On Global Warming
Evangelical Christian leader Jerry Falwell came out swinging against global climate change over the weekend, telling his congregation in Virginia that naive Christians are being duped into believing the phenomenon is actually happening.
WMFE
Did I ever tell you I have met Mr. Jerry Falwell. Did I ever tell you I refused to shake his hand while my papa, a preacher himself gave me a look that could kill. I think I was around 15 at the time. He never took me anywhere with me again which was fine with me. Never thought he treated my mom and dad right.

Ex-Rep. Ney Reports to Prison
And finally, former Republican Congress member Bob Ney has reported to prison to begin a thirty-month sentence. Ney was convicted for lying about his dealings with convicted Republican lobbyist Jack Abramoff. For years, Ney traded his political influence for gifts, vacations, campaign contributions and, in one case, fifty thousand dollars in gambling chips. He will serve his jail term in a minimum security prison in West Virginia.
Democracy NOW!
I think they may have went too hard on him. God, I need a vacation from this country. I need a trip back to Canada soon, I miss it.

And lets end with this. My friend Robin and I keep having his debate because I do not believe in blackholes and she is a scientist lady. But after me saying I did not believe in blackholes she left me this comment which literally made me do a spit take.
You're passing by a singularity. You get sucked in. As you're being torn apart at the event horizon, you yell, "Robbin was right! Unfortunately, in space, no one can hear me concede!"

Written at the pay the rent job,
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I have to say I still disagree with you on your comparison of science and religion. I see your point, but I still think there's a distinct difference between the two. :)

Thanks for re-posting my comment! I am rather proud of that one. :P

I was reading "Astronomy" magazine on my break today and they had a cover article on new technology that is trying to prove the existence of black holes. By using a telescope array with an insanely large baseline, they're going to search for the event horizon around the black hole that is theorized to be at the center of the Milky Way.