Thursday, April 12, 2007

AND THE TITLE IS: 727 AND CLIMBING. THAT IS ALL.

They are brining more and more work into the shop and that is good but at the same time I am feeling exhaustion coming on at three hundred miles per hour already. Our shop is crammed full of machines and work. Too bad we are not crammed full of dedicated people who actually care about getting all of the work done instead of just trying to make the boss think they like him and care about the job. I am a lot of things. Toothless, wizzy when I sleep, not always the most aromatic, and sometimes and I know this is hard to believe but I can be a smart ass. But the one thing I am is a hard worker who takes the jobs he does, no mater what they maybe, serious.

From Work Whining To Responses To Comments Left:

P,
That big boom is why I will not live in a place that uses gas unless I have to. I’m way too paranoid and neurotic for that.

Marlena,
Yep, but I tend to want to get all up and ready when you are down a few PM’s and a couple hours in sleep mode.

Geek Speak:

Gridlock to break TV record
Gridlock will be the 727th episode of Doctor Who, which breaks the record previously held by Star Trek for the total number of episodes. "Gridlock is the 727th episode of Doctor Who. This will break the record held by the various series in the Star Trek franchise. They amassed a combined total of 726 episodes between them."
Outpost Gallifrey
Beam that up your Scotty!

Back To Reality:

I have to put myself on a better diet because my health has always sucked since those first hours of life when I was trying to breathe but it just was not happen, through a youth of hospital stay, and then early adulthood just feeling like shit.

And In The News:

“Stretched” Military Extends Tour of Duty for U.S. Troops
The U.S. military has announced an across-the-board extension of tours of duty for all active soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Soldiers will be deployed for up to fifteen months -- three months longer than before. The move will affect more than one hundred thousand soldiers and bring about the military’s longest combat tours since the Second World War. The extension also marks the first time active duty-soldiers will have spent more time at war than at home. At the Pentagon, Defense Secretary Robert Gates acknowledged the military is “stretched” in defending the extension.
Democrats say the extended tours could jeopardize military readiness and threaten the army’s make-up as an all-volunteer force. Senate Armed Services Committee chair Carl Levin said: “Once again, the failures of this administration are being underwritten by our troops.”
Democracy NOW!
Another sign of the coming draft in this country. And thus the civil war will begin. We live in ever growing more interesting times. I just wonder if most see all the little signs.

MSNBC Drops Imus Over Rutgers Remarks
The television network MSNBC has responded to the growing public and advertising pressure over the radio host Don Imus’ recent remarks about the Rutgers women’s basketball team. MSNBC will no longer simulcast Imus’s syndicated radio program “Imus in the Morning.” MSNBC had initially announced Imus would be suspended for two weeks. The move came amidst increasing pressure from civil rights groups and declining support from advertisers. Companies including Staples, Procter & Gamble, Sprint and General Motors had all pulled their ads from Imus’ MSNBC broadcast. CBS Radio has also suspended Imus for two weeks. Protests are scheduled for today to pressure CBS to drop Imus permanently.
Democracy NOW!
I love how the media has totally turned this around and now they are talking about rap artists singing worse stuff and that this is freedom of speech. And it is freedom of speech but this guy also painted himself more news than entertainment and tried to pull in a lot of political figures. But lost now in all of this is how women are targeted again in the media and that fact is danced over for hot button talk.

Author Kurt Vonnegut Dead at 84
And finally, the author Kurt Vonnegut has died. He was eighty-four years old. Vonnegut authored at least nineteen novels including “Slaughterhouse-Five” and “Cat’s Cradle.” In recent years, Vonnegut was a fierce critic of the Bush administration and a columnist for the magazine In These Times.
Democracy NOW!
Slaughterhouse Five was one of the first books that caught my attention was I was little. A teacher gave it to me even in 3rd Grade I think it was, though other teachers said it was over my level. I have lived with a learning disability most of my life. That book though, It got my attention and helped push my love of reading.

Admin Loses E-mails Sought in Attorney Probe
The Bush administration is claiming to have lost dozens of e-mails sought in the Congressional investigation into the firing of eight U.S. attorneys. The White House says the emails can’t be tracked because they were sent from private accounts intended for political activities rather than through government-issued email accounts. Democrats have accused White House senior adviser Karl Rove and other aides of using the private accounts to avoid leaving a paper trail in the attorney firings.
Democracy NOW!
So basically they lost government documents? If I lost important e-mail documentation at my job I would get fired. Why I archive and back up everything. Though we all know they are not lost or at least not gone by accident but if they did stupidly lose these documents then this is another example of how government officials are not held accountable to doing their jobs the way the rest of us are.

I give you a good night with this. This was always one of the craziest and thus best crossovers in comics history.

Written at the pay the rent job,
C.

As always if you have any comments you wish to make by e-mail you can contact me by:

hangofwednesday@gmail.com
If you wish for me to keep your name and information private please let me know so in the e-mail.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: