Wednesday, April 11, 2007

AND THE TITLE IS: WHEN I WAS LITTLE I WANTED EVERYONE TO CALL ME CZAR

I was late coming into work today. Had to get some gas on the way in and something to eat. My reports are due tonight. I am not in the mood for doing reports but that is part of my job. At least my shift has extra help tonight so I can work on this stuff and not have to run from one thing to another. I also separated the talkers tonight one in the back room and one in the front shop area. They do more work that way.

From Work Whining To Responses To Comments Left:

P,
You can find out more information about the over building around here through the SCPA website. I know their President personally and they try to do good work in a lot of areas. I subscribe to their e-mail alerts and newsletter. Though for the most parts I don’t read them but that is because I have contacts to information through Brevard NOW and other places. This is not one of my big issues but I try to keep up with all the information. If you wish for me to get you more information just let me know but I think the links on the site will point you in good places.

Geek Speak:

…..dying from no new doctor who fix coming fast enough….WHEN SCI-FI? WHEN?

Back To Reality:

Did a little writing but mostly today I got up. Looked around the place for Wave before remembering she left for work early today and then just chilled on the couch for a little while re-reading a Douglas Adams book. I thought about cooking some spaghetti but was too lazy to do the dishes and so I did not eat except for the junk fast food before coming into work.

And In The News:

Report: Admin Unable to Fill War “Czar” Post
The Washington Post is reporting the Bush administration has been unable to attract interested candidates for a high-level position to oversee the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. At least three retired four-star generals have turned down White House requests to be considered for the job as war czar. One of the three, retired Marine General John Sheehan said: “The very fundamental issue is, they don’t know where the hell they’re going. So rather than go over there, develop an ulcer and eventually leave, I said, ‘No, thanks.”’
Democracy NOW!
“So rather than go over there, develop an ulcer and eventually leave, I said, No, thanks.”
Got to love that quote. Working for the Bush Administration is beginning to be like working for a failing company. You know shit may hit you at any moment.

Gore Unveils Live Earth Line-up
And finally, former Vice President Al Gore has announced the lineup for his day of concerts to raise awareness on Global Warming. The July Seventh Live Earth concerts will be held in Johannesburg, London, Rio de Janeiro, Shanghai, Sydney, and Tokyo. The U.S. concert will be held at Giants Stadium in New Jersey.
Democracy NOW!
When is the world going to have concerts to raise money for the toothless? We need your love too : (

Imus Show
MSNBC and CBS Radio are coming under increasing pressure to fire Don Imus over his recent remarks about the Rutgers women’s basketball team. Imus has been suspended for two weeks beginning on Monday but he remains on the air this week. Several large corporations including Staples and Procter & Gamble have pulled their ads from his show on MSNBC. On Tuesday members of the Rutgers women’s basketball team spoke out for the first time. They condemned Imus’ remarks but announced plans to hold a private meeting with him. Meanwhile, the two-week suspension is also coming under criticism for its timing. The suspension will end on April 30th, in time for the spring sweeps period when networks use ratings to set advertising fees. Karl Frisch, a spokesperson for Media Matters for America, said: “It is unfortunate that MSNBC and CBS Radio have failed to accept any responsibility for airing Don Imus’ bigoted remarks over the years… It would be inappropriate for MSNBC to benefit financially from the publicity likely to surround Imus’ return.”
Democracy NOW!
Does anyone else notice how much they are ignoring the fact that his comments more than anything else were sexist and a slap in the face of these great athletes who made it to the championship game of their sport and only lost because they ran into one of the best programs in college sports history? This was not him making a bad racist joke. This was him attacking women’s sports in general. But then again why go after him when sports shows and other shows attack women’s sports everyday and no body says anything about it because it is ok to make comments and attack women as long as you don’t do it in a racist way.

Just Give Us the Numbers
Being as how I have been in the position many times in my life to be around big wigs I will tell you that many of the males who have power in companies enjoy the fact that they can pay women less and get away with it. Until the rest of society changes and sees how wrong this is though I do not see things changing that quickly. And the fact is I think what is worse is how people are passed over for advancements and consideration for certain higher paying positions because they are female.

I give you a good night with this. Scared the shit out of me and my first reaction as I was sitting in the living watching TV after work and Wave was sleeping was to go in and see if she was ok.

Written at the pay the rent job,
C.

As always if you have any comments you wish to make by e-mail you can contact me by:

hangofwednesday@gmail.com
If you wish for me to keep your name and information private please let me know so in the e-mail.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was on the computer when I heard the POWWWWWWWW at 3 am!!!! I thought it was Patrick AFB doing maneuvers and someone breaking the sound barrier. But then I heard sirens in the distance and thought UHOH!!!!!! I kept looking outside to see if I could see anything. It was scary stuff indeed!!!!

And OH...I'll check out that linky later!! Thanks for posting it!!!!