Saturday, April 28, 2007

THE TITLE IS: TEEN ON PUMPKIN SEX

There exists a sense of feeing that is a good effect on my life as a writer when my life seems to be a tad bit hectic and chaotic and that is when I have no time when I write something to talk myself out of how stupid the ideas are or how bad of a writer I am. The truth of which really has no bearing on this or any other discussion if for anything else to keep my sanity in tack and keep me from becoming too grouchy. Nothing worse than a grouchy toothless man of 33.
And with that being said above I started working on a short story this week which to be honest started as just a inside joke story between myself and friends because it was inspired by a friend. Now the story does not look half bad as I finished the 1st Draft last night and I may search around and see about places to submit it to where it would fit in.
The older I get the more I have developed a Fuck You attitude about things. One of those things I think are my inner critics. Not the good inner critics who talk to you about working on reader understanding, not the good inner critics who talk to you at length about how ridiculous it is that super heroes of the female kind usually end up wearing bikinis into battle, or the inner critics that say, “Brian, spell check is meant to be used and is not just a vague suggestion.” The inner critics I am talking about I say to you Fuck Off. I’m enjoying writing and you have no say in this horse or donkey or rabbit race. You are the drunk in the crowd who is holding a ticket for last weeks race you found on the ground outside the restroom and you are yelling for your horse to win even though that horse died the day after your father took you to the races for the first time and which funny ha ha was also the day your father first started showing you slowing how to please yourself. Hands on training.
What? Psh, I have no room for holding back thoughts. I’m getting older by the day people. I’m slowly dying each day because I’m getting old……Anyways, In the past I have always had a hard time writing short stories because I always thought too big, too epic with the initial idea and it just did not fit the structure of a short story. I have many notebooks of short stories which turned into 5 or 9 Chapters of a book before I stretched it beyond its means and it died being stretched beyond its means. That hurts a lot when you do that.
I am still learning how to structure as short story. How to loop and play with scenes and timing and such to create a good read or at least a good place on my computer but I am really starting to enjoy writing them more and more as I do more and more of them. Sort of like sex. I did not have sex for the first time until I was 26 so I never missed it. But now! A day is li….Well, that really doesn’t fit does it? I will have to try and get that story in somewhere else one day.

Listening to Jon Stewart’s America on Wave’s iPod at work. Sunday will have me working a double to try and get as much done as possible…..

Written from the pay the rent (there went my pay check) job,
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Marlena said...

You're 32.

You know, I was looking around everywhere last night for the IPod. I was freaking out and thought I left it somewhere :( Then I realized you probably had it. I'm dumb.