Monday, April 23, 2007

AND THE TITLE IS: LONG HAND

The weekend, a four day weekend I must add because I do not see many of those was filled to the rim. I am still recovering and probably will still be recovering until the next weekend I get off. It was filled to the rim with travel, hotel sex, noise, a sick lady, and laughter. The travel started as Wave and myself headed to Orlando at 6am on Thursday morning. She had a conference meeting scheduled as part of her job to attend at Seminole Community College for Thursday and Friday. We decided to make it a two day over night stay to keep from driving back and forth between Orlando and Melbourne with her already being pretty sick. Since our hotel check in time was not until 3pm I went to the college with her and spent my time in the library reading-Life, The Universe And Everything (I always keep a Douglas Adam book with me at all times for re-reading) and Doctor Who: The Burning by Justin Richards. Also I planned to work on this blog entry documenting the trip and moleskin notes for the 2nd Draft of the book while waiting for her. From here I will write from my notes as the four day weekend moved…

…One illusion that you learn very early as I did because of my love for libraries is that these great places are not nor ever have been, at least in my life time, places of quite surrounding atmosphere. Never quite sanctuaries. They maybe quite compared to a football match or a reading of an Amy Goodman book at a Bush family event but quite? Not really and so when I find a quite library I do not wish to leave. The library of Seminole Community College had me clock watching for my, when Wave will be finished moment…..

…Another Billie Law is that no matter where I sit in a library, no matter the size, location, or reality of the library because this is also true of libraries in my dreams and in those other places, no matter where I sit for quite reflection with a book, pencil, and at times Waves laptop some dumb fuck group of guys will be gathered near by to talk about tits and pussy and after giving these prep fuckheads my best toothless stare I get a good look at them also and see that these middle class preppies they probably only touch the tits of the fatfuck of the group and would only get a taste of something sweat if they paid for it. I see a future for them jacking off in a alleyway after stealing the latest issue of Church Weekly with old Pat on the cover. I hate loud people in libraries…Have I mentioned that before?….

…Finished the Douglas Adams book and got to Chapter 7 on The Burning. I loved the way Justin Richards keep introducing characters who could have/might have been The Doctor. That little trick got me interested in the book a whole lot quicker. It usually takes me a while to get into a book…

…We left the college on Thursday to go check in at the hotel. After resting a bit Wave left to meet with one of her favorite professors and one of my favorites of her former teachers for some sort of Alumni function; while I stayed at the hotel resting watching Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire. Nothing like HBO in a hotel. For some reason I have to watch even if I have the DVD at home. Comes from when I was little and the only place that had HBO were I was from was hotels…

…Wave brought Panera back to the hotel from her meeting and we did a Lush bath, hotel sex, candy bar snack thing before heading to sleep…

…Friday started with us getting up. Wave fixed coffee and left and I visited the gift shop at this nice Marriott across from TD Waterhouse or whatever it is called now. I returned from the gift shop with a Coke, Yuppie Guppies, and a copy of USA Today for Wave to ready when she got back. Then I started writing chapter one of the next book in the series of the current book I am working on book one of. I know, not even finished with the first book and he is starting number two. The idea hit me on how to start it so I had to put it down or be bitch slapped by a bunch of angry Muses…

…When Wave returned to the hotel we got something to eat at the hotel restaurant, putting up with some sports fans in the bar/restaurant, and then we returned to the room to relax. She relaxed in a bath of Lush products; while I watched Emeril Live. Then we chilled before going to sleep. We had a 11am check out time in the morning….

….Slept in until check out. We stopped at an B&N near the hotel so I could see if they had any Doctor Who books. No go. Stopped quickly for something to eat and then off to The Florida Mall for a fast Lush visit and then back home awaiting to see if Desire and Robin Bird still wished to hang out….

…Wave is really sick so we had to cancel hanging out with Desire and Robin Bird. We both feel bad about that because we were looking forward to seeing them but my love really did need the rest with us heading back out on Sunday to Ft. Lauderdale to see My Chemical Romance with Wave’s sister Trill and The Queen….

…The trip to the concert started with us picking up The Queen and Trill. Me, Wave, and Queen argued over Wave’s Ipod. They wanted to listen to it on the radio and I wanted to listen to Doctor Who audios. Since Queen also had her Ipod also I traded and with her model being a newer one I watched episodes of the craptastic show Supernatural while they listened to music. I think I lost out big time on that one. The whole time we were being all high school with each other Trill was sitting with her headphones on reading quietly….

…There is a town in Florida named Plantation. Am I the only person who sees that as sort of off?…

…The concert was good. I like My Chemical Romance. They put on a good show. This being my second time to see them live. The opening act The Muse I did not like as much but I also think their sound system was fucked up a little since I could not understand a thing they were saying. Plus it seemed like they were trying to pull off some sort of U2, Techno, Prince, Emo thing that just was not working….

…There is a road in Florida called Hiatus….From what?….

…The trip back home involved going up the wrong way on an interstate highway, a search for a Taco Bell to shut up the Queen, Trill showing us how in glory she is about all knowledge of the music of today. Seems she is connected to channels like Fuse. Didn’t it use to be Much Music?…..

…and that was my four day weekend. I think I am even more tired now that I had to type all of that up.

Written in a hotel, in a library, in a car, in the apartment, and probably some place I forgot I was,
C.

As always if you have any comments you wish to make by e-mail you can contact me by:

hangofwednesday@gmail.com
If you wish for me to keep your name and information private please let me know so in the e-mail.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: