Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Under The Training Book: 300 Books In 2013, 2014 Goals, and My New Book

     Personal Goals For 2014:
     -It looks like I will have a job in the new year and if that is so I will also be able to address a number of health issues that have been plagueing me the last few years and some for longer than that.
     -stop drinking soda.
     -eat less red meat.

     Writer Goals For 2014:
     -Make my characters more diverse. I have a pretty diverse group of friends but I want to expand outside those influences and have more characters based off people I could never be friends with and characters expressing views that I would never mutter. It's one of my biggest writing goals for the coming year.
     -Be a more productive writer with the time I have to write. If I do have a new job this issue will be solved because I have found in the past the more time I have to write, the fewer hours I spent writing.
     -Work more with other talents. I love working on projects with other people but I haven't had the cash in a while to hire cover artists or writers to work with me on projects. I hope I will be able to do that at least once this years if I get the job I'm thinking I will have.

     In 2013 I read 300 plus books. Everything from prose books to poetry books to graphic novels to just about every kind of books you could think of. I read them on Nooks, the net, in paper, and in audio.
     The thing is I know this isn't the most books I've ever read in a year. I probably went through twice this many when I was a kid in a year. The only thing I did as a kid was read and watch TV.
     If you wish to you can check out my Goodreads to see the type of books I read in 2013.
     I don't rate many books five stars but I thought I would give a list here of those books I did give 5 out of 5 to in 2013. Some are books I've read before and reread and others surprised me by how much I ended up liking them.
     The list of books that I game five stars to this years are, and in no order whatsoever:
     Wonder Woman, Vol. 2: Guts
     Gun Machine
     Batman: The Black Mirror
     Fortunately, the Milk
     When Did You See Her Last? (All The Wrong Questions, #2)
     The Complete Strangers in Paradise, Volume 1
     Strangers in Paradise, Volume 2: I Dream of You
     Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

     And speaking of books. I had a new book come out on the 22nd of Dec. It's my first middle grade junior fiction book.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: