Thursday, January 9, 2014

Under The Training Book: Eating In The Bathroom, Games, And Character Names

     
     We had to start feeding Salem in another room because he was taking Garfield's food. He had always tried to take Garfield's food in the past, but now since Garfield is fully blind he muscles his way in even if he hasn't finished his own food and then he goes back and eats his own bowls worth too because after being moved away from his Garfield would just go lay down somewhere nearby.
     Salem wouldn't eat in the bedroom, don't know why, probably because it's too messy, he's a weird cat who doesn't like walking on things that are on the floor; so we had to put his food and him in the bathroom until Garfield has finished eating.
     He eats in there fine and everyone is getting their noms in good amounts, though in the morning he hates when we turn on the shower and he's having his breakfast. It doesn't stop him from eating, and now that he is bathroom eating Garfield finishes his food but also now Salem thinks every time we go into the bathroom we are getting him food.
     Cats....
     With Salem, every time you go into the kitchen he's all FOOD? FOOD? FOOD? and now the bathroom also equals FOOD? FOOD? FOOD? There is no place safe that this cat doesn't think involves food.

    Transitions, I don't need no stinking transitions.

     Frank Thomas, Greg Maddux, and Tom Glavine have been selected to go into the baseball hall of fame. One White Sox and two Braves. Yes, sorry Cubs, Maddux made his mark as a Brave. Don't blame Braves fans for claiming him. It was your owner who didn't think he was worth that much money and let him leave.
     One of the best hitters and the two best pitchers I've ever seen going into the Hall Of Fame. Now everyone knows I don't think much of the baseball hall of fame... or any Hall Of Fame for that matter besides being good tourist attractions. Just a bunch of dip shit sports writers trying to play opinion moral games instead of focusing in on what happen on the field but this is a really good class of players.
     Players going into the Hall Of Fame that started in my generation really makes me feel old.
     Mar-"You are almost 40."
     ............

     Last night I watched Bounty Killers after making tomato soup with tuna grilled cheese for dinner. It was ok. If you're just looking for a low budget mindless action shoot'em up with some cool visuals and touches here and there give it a look. I watched it on Netflix.

     I always get comments that I should blog more about writing. I've said it in the past and its still true. I feel weird talking a ton about writing because there's always this voice in the back of my head that says, "What do you know, big failure you are." so I don't really do it much. I consider myself a work in progress from day to day as a writer so what works for me today might not work tomorrow. What I think is right in the way I write might be proven wrong to me or I might have finally learned a lesson long in process and change.
     I do love talking about writing though but when you have several friends in publishing, two very good writers and one very good editor you sometimes feel like your in a room of geniuses talking about the nature of the cosmos and your views mainly come from what you have learned watching Doctor Who
     But after saying that people online yesterday were discussing character names and how you approach them and it made me think of something from my college days. I had teacher once who said I was lazy because I pick character names randomly for the most part. I call it getting on with things.
     In most cases the most thought I put into characters names is trying not to use the same ones more than once but that usually doesn't work out to my constant anger. I need to create myself a character database. Maybe if I get this job I'm waiting to hear back about I'll freelance that out to someone else. At least I'm not as bad as when I was in high school when every story would have a character named Brian in it :)

     Below is a sticker I designed for the release of Tin Universe Middle Grade Series #1. I designed it thinking it could be cut into five different stickers. Two Tin Universe logo ones on each side and the middle book sicker. I think I might do this with future bumper sticker designs also so people get more for their money.

     Tin Universe #12 The Tin Universe series that started it all...all being one novella, one novel, and about nine short stories, returns this month. And a plus it's free. Ever month you get free me to plug into your brain holes. 

     Someone is zombifying athletes at Clear Cut High School in Utah. Lucky the school has its own young superhero in the person of Mildred Betbeze to try and figure out what's going on. Pep rallies, cheerleaders, new kids in the neighborhood are just some of things our hero and her sidekick slash best friend Aisha have to deal with in the first book in Tin Universe's new middle grade series.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: