Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Under The Training Book: While Writing playing in the back ground was Undeclared Til Death



     I'm going to post on Wednesdays, for a while at least, about things I'm watching while writing on the day and post about it at night when my writing day is finished. I decided today while writing I would watch the first episodes of TV shows I haven't seen before randomly picked on Netflix, give brief comments after watching the episode, and then decided whether or not they will be added to my queue or not. This is something I've done a couple times before on my Twitter but as long as I'm posting daily this will be my Wednesday posting subject matter, things watched while writing.
     First up was Maron. I had enough of mockumentary around the time The Office came out and even though I like shows like Louie I'm tired now of the mockureallifementaries now. The first episode was ok. That's how I felt about Marc Maron's podcasts when I gave them a try. They were good, it was funny, but it seemed like it was leading down a path of just the same funny over and over.
     Next, Undeclared. So this was Judd Apatow's follow up to Freaks And Geeks. I loved Freaks And Geeks. That might make me automatically try more than a few episodes to test it out. So many name people were on this show. I think no matter what I think about episode one this is going into the old Netflix queue.
     Third up, Til Death. I don't think I'm old and bitter enough to start to believe the whole bullshit of older equals wiser which seems to be the premise of this show. Though I think the premise is a stupid one it would have worked better if the young couple had been really young, like around 21 years each. Maybe one had a rich parent so they could have the house and money but the neighbors become really parental figures to both of them. Otherwise you just have an adult couple and a younger adult couple and that stupid premise. I don't like the premise. I like Brad Garrett and I read that Kate Micucci appears in the 4th season and I like her in stuff but HOW DID THIS SHOW GET TO A 4TH SEASON.
     And last for the random first episodes is...was... tense scrambled without much sleep. Not that my tense skills are never sharp without a lot of editing. 10 Items Or Less almost put me to sleep in two minutes. I didn't even make it through the first episode so the episode even failed as background play for even one episode. The whole improvised dialogue thing only works if the people are really really good at it. Didn't work at all here.
     Not a great selection tonight. Only Undeclared made it to my queue and that has more to do with it being Apatow's show after Freaks And Geeks and having a lot of people in it that I like.
     To knock out a ton of straight line writing I watched a movie to end this writing session and the movie was Ghostbusters because I needed something I knew I would like so the bad wouldn't distract me but not something good that I hadn't seen so that wouldn't distract me either.
     Plus, I just love this movie.
     So good.
      Also side note, The Real Ghostbusters animated show, especially the first couple seasons, is one of the best animated shows ever if you ask me.
      It should be around 4am or something like that when I finish writing, maybe earlier if the sleeping pills kicked in.

     Tin Universe #12 The Tin Universe series that started it all...all being one novella, one novel, and about nine short stories, returns this month. And a plus it's free. Ever month you get free me to plug into your brain holes. 

     Someone is zombifying athletes at Clear Cut High School in Utah. Lucky the school has its own young superhero in the person of Mildred Betbeze to try and figure out what's going on. Pep rallies, cheerleaders, new kids in the neighborhood are just some of things our hero and her sidekick slash best friend Aisha have to deal with in the first book in Tin Universe's new middle grade series.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: