Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Under The Training Book: New Merch is about epitaphs


      I love creating things that tell a story or hint at a story or make people feel uncomfortable or happy or uneasy or confused.
      Be it prose, drawing, painting, photography, digitally messing with images.. creating is a food to me. It's all about feeding something deep inside me that sometimes, most of the time the rest of the world can't approach. And sometimes these feedings are snacks and the snacks bits are what I want to post here on Tuesdays.
      With outlets like Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook I can dip my toes into thoughts about things without getting fully sucked in; which is a God send when I'm deep boots into something else like a book or story series.
      Something I Tweet or post on Facebook or Tumblr might later turn into a story or a book or as happens most of the time it leads me into an idea for a blog entry or a poster or drawing on the bedroom walls.
      On Tuesdays I want to start posting here small projects I've finished. Most of these will be stuff I've created for one of my Zazzle stores but from time to time there will poems and vignettes or maybe photos of felt projects which I've been into of late.
     I enjoy going through photos, creating images, and using small things I've written to create notebooks, posters, and the like hopefully that others will enjoy also. I also try to make things in my stores that I myself would like to own.
     So check back here on Tuesdays for something new. Todays release is a notebook design that came from a picture Mar took of me after a hard day at my old job at a restaurant after she had picked me up and all I wanted to do was get home and work on a story that was my at the time obsession. The little bit of writing was something I put on Facebook years ago after some really nasty emails which I had been getting from a former friend after we had severed ties.

     Tin Universe #12 The Tin Universe series that started it all...all being one novella, one novel, and about nine short stories, returns this month. And a plus it's free. Ever month you get free me to plug into your brain holes. 

     Someone is zombifying athletes at Clear Cut High School in Utah. Lucky the school has its own young superhero in the person of Mildred Betbeze to try and figure out what's going on. Pep rallies, cheerleaders, new kids in the neighborhood are just some of things our hero and her sidekick slash best friend Aisha have to deal with in the first book in Tin Universe's new middle grade series.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: