Thursday, January 16, 2014

Under The Training Book: Talking With Mar and Pandora, Continents, and a Bingo



     Saturday we spent most of the day reading and listening to music on Pandora. At one point Mar was dancing around singing, "Whats cooler than being cool, ice cold!" My day was golden already at that point. It had to only get better from there.
     We needed to go out to run errands but first decided to stop off at Denny's for breakfast since neither of us remembered to eat before leaving the apartment. I go to Denny's BECAUSE its a old people hangout. These youngins that were there were just too loud.
     Damn you young people, get off my yard and stop with the louds, my ears, my ears.
     Denny's is also a good place to eat all your feelings in one sitting.
     After eating and running errands we got back home and were playing Scrabble and listening to more Pandora when Ready To Die: The Remaster came on and the day was cranked up another notch. Mar was playing DJ using Pandora and for the most part wouldn't let me have the remote. It was a power trip of Pope proportions.
     I was cooking as she had moved the soundtrack to a, And Then There Was X "Up in here" feel.
     But the lady had to take a bathroom break and I jumped into the living room to quickly pick some things to add to the shuffle.
     Me-"I added Outlaw Country to Pandora shuffle."
     Mar-"I should have never woke you this morning.".
     Me-"Mom brought me into the world and you into the day. Blame lies with you"
     She responded by What's The Story Morning Glory?ed this place and we both jump to one side and started singing.
     Music is a good thing.
     Mar almost died laughing when I said, "I had this on tape" when a AC/DC song came on.
     As we both did our things Pandora played Avril Lavigne, Black Sabbath, Kelly Clarkson, and Hank Williams among so many others.
     Voice from bathroom when Santeria came on, "DONT SKIP IT !"
     I love that lady.
     With appetizers of grilled tomato humus and crackers we went back to playing Scrabble.
     Me-"My letters suck. I have nothing but vowels, no continents."
     Mar-"Consonants hillbilly."
     Me-"Those too."
     More music of Maroon 5, Johnny Cash, Pearl Jam, and others.
     Mar got a Bingo to start a game with WHEATEN.
     "Wheaten!!!"
     After that I went back to the kitchen to finish dinner as Sherlock Holmes: Game Of Shadows played replaced the music but we continued to play Scrabble during the movie. By the end we had eaten eel sauce BBQ chicken, smashed potatoes, and corn on the cob.

     Tin Universe #12 The Tin Universe series that started it all...all being one novella, one novel, and about nine short stories, returns this month. And a plus it's free. Ever month you get free me to plug into your brain holes. 

     Someone is zombifying athletes at Clear Cut High School in Utah. Lucky the school has its own young superhero in the person of Mildred Betbeze to try and figure out what's going on. Pep rallies, cheerleaders, new kids in the neighborhood are just some of things our hero and her sidekick slash best friend Aisha have to deal with in the first book in Tin Universe's new middle grade series.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: