Saturday, February 10, 2007

THE DREAM THAT BURNS

THE DREAM THAT BURNS

I say I'm a dreaming and he said I'm not the only one,
I'm locked into a dream that seems to do nothing but burn,
I once said I will be the man I am until the day I die,
Until the day I die I continue to fail to learn,
But I swim around inside of my skin screaming a lie,
Pieces of me are bubbling from my veins,
Parts of me lost to the north winds,
Caught up with the shifting grains falling from my hands,
Who wins,
Who wins,

I know the mistakes I make every day and you are first up to push me in that special way,
Again and again when I laugh you frown,
I live in space and you walk down the streets of this town,
Again and again when I win its measured up to your pain,
Who wins,

I know how tight I hold your heart to my soul,
I know nothing about that hole that grows within your head,
My touches of ripped away nights hurt,
I will be here for you forever but it burns,
It burns,
It burns,
Who wins a war already burning high,

Nothing worth fighting for even appears to be easy,
Who wins,
Your sins,
Who wins,
Nothing worth fighting for even appears to be easy,
Who wins these battles anyway,
No one,
No one,

©Brian c. Williams
SYSTEM*PRODUCTIONS

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Marlena said...

I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

I like this. I'm not sure what exactly it's in reference to, but I don't need to in order to appreciate it. :) Sorry you seem to be going through something painful. :(