Thursday, February 15, 2007

LIBUARY, LIBARY, CHURCH

Writing this from the libary as I am suppose to be getting some pay the rent job stuff done but before I dive into that I wanted to make my rounds online so I commented on a few journals and blogs of friends, surfed over the waves updated on a few websites I enjoy and now I'm back here.

I wanted to get a study room at the libary this morning but I'm stuck in a bathroom stall like desk trying to put everything around me for the work I need to get done before actually going to work. You know I have never been the pain for pleasure sort of fellow but I do think when I over think and I usually do that I maybe a pain for pain sort of dumb ass because I always seem to get myself swamped with stuff no matter what I do. Yes I do take on too much but I think that comes from something deep down within me that tells my innner FREAK OUT that if I do not try to do everything for everyone people will find out that I'm actually not very smart.

Man that sounded a little too college class therapy for me.

And moving on from the couch.

While sitting here at the libary delaying doing anything I really need to be doing because I'm pretty fucking tired from stress more than anything else I find myself just being amazed as I always am at the freeness of the libary. Every since I was little I was just over joyed that there was this place I could go to where I could take books, newspapers, or some cases Comics! home and I would not have to pay for them, just bring them back when finished.

For a kid growing in a family with not many dollars to rub together changing a old saying a little I never had the chance to just go into places and buy. Usually the only new things we ever got was at Christmas time and that was after my father saved all year and did without to get us things we wanted but really did not need.

I love libaries. Like bookstores they are churchs to me. I guess to compare things. Small bookstores are like city churches, libaries are like small town churches, and the chain bookstores are like Southern Baptists money makers.

Written from Church(though to be truthful chruches I grew up in were never this cold)
C.

HEY, WAVE! CHECK OUT THE LIBUARY SPELLING!!!! :)
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: