Wednesday, February 7, 2007

REPEATS AND BLUE LIGHT LAWSUITS

Repeats of Doctor Who return to Sci-Fi Channel starting with a marathon on March 27th beginning with The Empty Child at 8:30am. It will last until 3:00pm and contain episodes featuring the 9th and 10th Doctors played by Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. The episodes are the following: THE EMPTY CHILD, THE DOCTOR DANCES, BOOM TOWN, BAD WOLF, THE PARTING OF THE WAYS, CHRISTMAS INVASION, and NEW EARTH. That’s for any fellow Doctor Who fans who may stop by. Maybe I should put in for a coming in late day so I can catch the episodes?

Wal-Mart Loses Bid to Dismiss Sex-Discrimination Case
The retail giant Wal-Mart has lost an effort to dismiss the largest class-action employment discrimination case in US history. On Tuesday, a federal appeals court upheld a ruling that Wal-Mart face a lawsuit alleging discrimination against female employees. Taking the case to trial could expose Wal-Mart to paying billions in damages. Wal-Mart is lobbying against a class-action suit and wants each case tried individually.
Democracy NOW!
Now there is a enemy even The Doctor might have a problem with. I compare fights against Wal-Mart like the fights coal mine workers had trying to get justice with the mine owners. If suits are not brought against them as groups or bundles then Wal-Mart will brazenly roll over anyone who gets in their way individually.

If you are as big of a Neil Gaiman fan as I am you may wish to check this out.

This goes right up there with stories of Poe sleeping on his loves grave as being one of the most romantic things I have seen or read about in my life. Also make me think of Spike's many lines about love on Buffy, "I maybe loves bitch but at least I admitt it." being my favorite.

You know what sort of gets under my skin? People all the time get all up in arms about how much celebrities or professional sports athletes make but when do we stop getting up into their skins for just making money spurred on by our demands for their brands and get into how much politicians and political parties spend on things like just getting a job! I mean come one. Does this system make sense to anyone? Lets say I want a job at McDonalds. {nothing wrong with it, I worked there. It‘s hard work.} If I’m trying to get hired on at McDonalds do I go out and raise money to help promote myself and sale myself to the bosses? No. Politicians will never have the trust of the American people again and it is leveling down more and more every day until they start treating voters more like their bosses and less like customers. There is a difference. Think about it. I know you can do it little fella.

Written at the pay the rent job,
C.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Marlena said...

um how about no fucking way on that marathon :-P

i was quite please about the walmart ruling yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Nice analogy regarding politicians. I never thought about it that way, but you're absolutely right. I would never promote myself to a potential employer the way politicians try to sell themselves to the public.